Recoup your Total Losses from Wind/Tree Damage
Wind and tree damage can take many forms and it’s important to know how to spot the damage where it occurs. Your roof, windows and home exterior can all be affected. Most insurance policies have a limited time during which you can file a claim for wind/tree damage, so assessing the damage quickly and working with a company that is deeply familiar with the claims process will help you recoup your total losses without spending more out of pocket than your deductible. Modern Remodeling, Inc. has the training and experience you need to restore your home quickly.
During severe storms, asphalt shingles can be seriously damaged and require repair or replacement. After a tornado, you may notice split seams and torn or missing shingles. This can result in leaking and serious water damage, which can lead to mold formation and wood rot, compromising the structural integrity of your roof. In severe wind storms, it is common for shingles or sections of the roof to be missing altogether.
On other types of roofs, including shake (wood), metal, tile and slate, wind damage can include broken or cracked shingles, missing shingles, torn or split seams, and missing sections of the roof. If a tree limb or other debris has fallen onto your roof during the storm, you may also have structural damage, and will want to exercise extreme caution.
Common Signs of Roof Damage
- Missing shingles
- Bruises or dented asphalt shingles
- Cracked or broken tile, slate, or concrete shingles
- Granules collecting in gutters or downspouts
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling
- Dents on vents, gutters or flashing
Exterior Damage: Siding, Stucco and Paint
When a severe storm hits, the exterior of your home sustains the most damage. Wind, downed trees and flying debris are common causes of exterior damage. If your home has been hit, you may notice dents, chips or cracks in your paint or siding. If you have a stucco home, look for cracking, chipping and holes in the stucco.
Common signs of exterior damage
- Dings and dents
- Cracks and splitting
- Holes and breaks
- Chipping and discoloration
In high wind areas, many homes have protective storm shutters to protect exposed glass. However, even with storm shutters, many windows can get cracked or damaged. If your home has been hit by high winds, or a tornado, cracked or broken windows and damaged window casings are the most common signs of damage.
Common Signs of Window Damage
- Shattered windows
- Cracks and holes
- Broken panes
- Damaged frame
We have an in-depth knowledge of the claims process, what is covered, what is excluded, and how to help prevent you from spending more than your deductible out-of-pocket. More importantly, we ensure that everything on the claim is clearly and specifically identified as legitimate hail damage, so that you’re protected against insurance fraud and its heavy penalties.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. understands the insurance restoration process, including the actual programs insurance companies use to identify the appropriate price for the necessary repairs, and how it affects the outcome of your claim. This may mean a difference in thousands of dollars.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. has an in-depth understanding of what is covered and what is excluded from coverage. This knowledge and experience can help keep the homeowner from having to pay for any restoration expenses out-of-pocket (other than their deductible).
- By generating a detailed scope of repairs necessary for a thorough restoration, we are able to obtain a complete and accurate estimate from your insurance company for the required repairs. We will often find line item repairs that the insurance adjuster missed and can get those items included in your claim.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. understands the terms in your policy known as “LIKE KIND and QUALITY” and how they relate to what products are used to restore your home. This can give you a wider choice in products to choose from, and/or ensure proper coverage if the material is no longer available.
- Our bid is developed by using the same estimating software that your insurance company uses. This way, we get you all the money you are entitled to by making sure the claim is properly assessed by the insurance adjuster.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. knows how to submit your claim for re-evaluation in the event you were initially denied coverage or under covered, and how to retrieve the recoverable depreciation amount.
Modern Remodeling, Inc. will meet with you on site — taking time to get a detailed picture of the specifics and scope of your wind/tree damage.