Act Quickly to Assess Total Hail Damage
Hail causes millions of dollars in property damage every year. Insidious in nature and not always visually evident, hail damage can dramatically shorten the lifespan of your roof. A significant percentage of roofs that are hit by hail never get replaced, because homeowners don’t see the damage. But if the damage is there, your insurance company will most likely pay to replace your entire roof, gutters and siding, provided you act quickly to ensure your claim is filed within their limited claim period.
Hail under the size of .75 inches is too small to cause damage; however, if hail is .75 inches or greater, it can damage aluminum siding, windows and even roof shingles. Because hail damage on roof shingles is virtually undetectable to the untrained eye, it’s important to have an expert assess the damage quickly. Modern Remodeling, Inc. employs experts who are trained to spot hail damage, and can perform a proper inspection of the impacted areas.
The main signs of hail damage usually include:
- Roof shingle bruising (granule loss)
- Roof granules found in gutters
- Small dents on gutters and downspouts
- Broken skylights
- Damaged or torn window screens
We have an in-depth knowledge of the claims process, what is covered, what is excluded, and how to help prevent you from spending more than your deductible out-of-pocket. More importantly, we ensure that everything on the claim is clearly and specifically identified as legitimate hail damage, so that you’re protected against insurance fraud and its heavy penalties.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. understands the insurance restoration process, including the actual programs insurance companies use to identify the appropriate price for the necessary repairs, and how it affects the outcome of your claim. This may mean a difference in thousands of dollars.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. has an in-depth understanding of what is covered and what is excluded from coverage. This knowledge and experience can help keep the homeowner from having to pay for any restoration expenses out-of-pocket (other than their deductible).
- By generating a detailed scope of repairs necessary for a thorough restoration, we are able to obtain a complete and accurate estimate from your insurance company for the required repairs. We will often find line item repairs that the insurance adjuster missed and can get those items included in your claim.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. understands the terms in your policy known as “LIKE KIND and QUALITY” and how they relate to what products are used to restore your home. This can give you a wider choice in products to choose from, and/or ensure proper coverage if the material is no longer available.
- Our bid is developed by using the same estimating software that your insurance company uses. This way, we get you all the money you are entitled to by making sure the claim is properly assessed by the insurance adjuster.
- Modern Remodeling, Inc. knows how to submit your claim for re-evaluation in the event you were initially denied coverage or under covered, and how to retrieve the recoverable depreciation amount.
Modern Remodeling, Inc. will meet with you on site — taking time to get a detailed picture of the specifics and scope of your hail damage.
- We’ll prepare an estimate using the same software as your insurance company.
- We’ll work with your insurance company to be sure all line items from our estimate are included in the claim.
- We’ll protect you from insurance fraud with careful, specific line items that are legitimately related to hail damage.